10 Reasons to Belong
You belong in PTA!
…and so do your relatives, neighbors and friends…
SPREAD THE WORD!
1. ADVOCACY You have a voice in legislative issues. PTA unites a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve all children and families. PTA welcomes all voices to advocate on behalf of our children. “Every Child, One Voice.”
2. NETWORKING Have fun and meet new people! Show your passion and sense of community while making new lifelong friends that share your commitment to our children.
3. RESOURCES Choose from an extensive library of guides, online resources and eLearnings including topics such as family engagement, health & safety, special needs, and college and career readiness. Information equals power.
4. PROGRAMS Your school and child benefits from nationally recognized programs like STEM, Reflections Arts, School of Excellence, Family Reading Experience and Diversity and Inclusion.
5. TRAINING & TEMPLATES In partnership with all levels of PTA including local, state and national, save time via access to a wide variety of best practices, toolkits, templates and online trainings to ensure PTA success. No need for you to reinvent the wheel.
6. PUBLICATIONS Our premier publication Our Children was created for the parent who’s always on the go and looking for the best parenting, wellness, education and PTA community info to help their child excel at school and in life. Your choice of the printed edition, electronic edition or both. Even hotter topics are covered in our weekly e-newsletter Weekend Update. If parents should know it, we cover it!
7. AWARDS & GRANTS Direct monetary awards are available for your PTA that recognize your efforts in enhancing family engagement, literacy, digital learning, diversity and many other initiatives. Individual recognition is also a hallmark of PTA at all levels so receive the recognition you deserve.
8. MONEY SAVING PROGRAMS PTA members save time and money. Brand names like AARP, Boxed, Good Housekeeping, Hertz, LifeLock, MetLife, Mountain America Credit Union, Quicken Loans and Sylvan just to name a few.
9. VOLUNTEER LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES Increase your impact, skills, visibility and connections by taking a leadership role at the district or state level or on any of our 15 standing and special committees. You can even submit a letter of interest to serve on the National PTA Board of Directors.
10. CONFERENCES Attend your state or national PTA conventions which give members the opportunity to gather information, share best practices and learn from your peers to build stronger families, communities and children.
Purposes of PTA
To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school and throughout the community
To raise the standards of home life
To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare and the safety of children and youth
To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth
To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and social well-being of all children and youth
To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding
2021-2022 Council Board
President: Lindsey Tolson
Co-Vice President: Lori Rush
Co-Vice President: Lise Richardson
Secretary: Sara Balsley
Treasurer: Rachel DelCarmen
Advocacy: Salwa Raphael
Social Media Lead: Tara Bergman
Reflections Lead: Tara Culbertson
Emergency Prep Lead: Leigh-Ann Gutmann
"Like" us on Facebook!
For the latest happenings with Council, follow our Facebook page, linked below:
At the June 23, 2020 Riverview School Board Meeting, Council was presented with the 2020 Community Service Award. This award recognizes partner groups who make a significant difference for students, and we are proud to support our Riverview students, staff and families, with a special focus on community mental health in the 2019-2020 year.
On May 17, 2019, Riverview Superintendent Dr. Anthony Smith and the Washington Association of School Administrators (WASA Metro Region 110) honored Riverview PTSA Council with a Community Leadership Award. We are proud to partner with Riverview School District in our goal of the betterment of families for the benefit of children.